10 Ethical and Sustainable Activewear Brands We Love
Posted on November 08 2020
Here at Zozii we love activewear that is just as good for the world as it looks on you! But we get how difficult it can be to find brands that tick these boxes. This is why we created Zozii, to find the best ethical and sustainable activewear brands available, and stock them in one, easy place. Take a look below and see what makes each brand special!
Based in Los Angeles, California, Beach Riot is all about creating activewear for all of you boss babe’s out there who also love to party. They love activewear that will make you stand out. So, if you want to look like you’ve got your life together while sweating it out at the gym or just out to brunch, Beach Riot is your go-to! Plus they're ethically made in LA
An Australian owned brand, Dharma Bums has a strong focus on the people surrounding their brand, both those who wear them and those who make them. To stay within this ethos, Dharma Bums has committed itself to ensuring their supply chains are BSCI ethically accredited. They have also started producing garments within Australia in environmentally friendly facilities. We're in love with their sustainable recycled nylon, natural fibre products and that they only use eco-friendly dyes!
Based and made in Brisbane, Australia, DK Active is a dedicated ethical and sustainable activewear brand. To reduce their impacts on the environment DK Active ensures that each step of the garment lifestyle is done under one roof – which also has solar panels! Any fabric offcuts are utilised within their company wherever possible, and if not they’re donated to other organisations that will give them a use. The actual fabric is also sustainably made, including regenerated nylon, organic cotton, bamboo and modal. Each piece is functional and suited to any type of training!
If you’re looking for basic, cool-girl activewear that gives a damn, First Base is a great first stop. Organic cotton, recycled nylon and bamboo are their go-to sustainable materials that also last a long time. The factories they use are all sustainable and zero-waste, and any dyes they use are GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) approved. To ensure all of their factories are ethical, they only go through factories that are WRAP (World Responsible Accredited Production) accredited.
L’urv are an Australian owned activewear brand that is suitable for the gym and on the street. Inspired by nature and colour they use unique detailing and modern styling to make sure you’ll standout wherever you are. They’re improving their sustainability by making sure they use recycled packaging and use eco-friendly materials such as organic cotton and bamboo in their garments. Throughout their supply chain they are committed to ensuring their working conditions are safe, fair and humane.
Known for their unique designs that push the boundaries of expectation Niyama Sol is ideal for anyone who wants an eclectic Instagram feed. Their fabric is made from recycled plastic and sourced from ethical factories. They’re for the women who want to stand out, work hard and be their best selves, all while looking great.
An instantly recognisable brand, Noli Yoga offers luxe pieces that provide all-over compression and allow for high performance. Of all their products 95% are ethically manufactured in California, with the remaining 5% made in factories with BSCI certification.
Female owned and operated in the USA Onzie supports small business and aims to encourage playfulness, confidence and self-expression in women around the world. They utilise Free-Flow Fabric Technology to create material that is fast-drying, breathable and durable. This makes it perfect for hot yoga and can even be used for swimming in both chlorine and salt water. To ensure ethical production Onzie does 99% of their sewing, cutting and dyeing in their hometown of Los Angeles, California!
All about generosity and connectedness Spiritual Gangster is not only ethically made, but also has programs that give back to the community. Based in the USA, for every item they sell Spiritual Gangster provides a meal to a person in need. To date they have donated over 11 million meals. In addition to this, proceeds from their sales also support the Cambodian Children’s Fund, Make-a-wish and Phoenix Children’s Hospital. More recently they partnered with Brands X Better which supports COVID-19 relief organisations.
With gorgeous, colourful pieces as well as great basics Vyayama has an outfit for every mood. Their products are both sustainable and ethically made in Portugal. They boast non-toxic dyes, internal water treatments, sustainably sourced fabrics and a small production area. Vyayama is a brand that has covered all the bases of sustainability.
Ethics and sustainability are the fundamental beliefs behind our brand here at Zozii. If you like the sound of a few of these brands, head to our online store to check them out!